Kindle Scout is Reader Powered Publishing. Basically, that means people vote for books (for free with an amazon account) and then Amazon publishes the most popular books.
That's the theory. In practice, Amazon picks books they think they can sell, and the actual point of the campaign is to bring your book to their attention so your book can get looked at by a real person.
- a never before published manuscript (50,000+ words)
- an awesome cover
- a blurb
- a tagline
- 5 year term for ebook/audiobook/digital rights (revertable if underperforming)
- You maintain print rights (make your own print copy)
- 50/50 split (instead of 70/30)
- Amazon has global rights (revertable if unused/underperforming)
- Amazon is not obligated to promote/edit (but they **do (for now!))
- Guaranteed 25,000 in ROYALTIES on THIS BOOK over the 5 years or rights can be reverted
- 45 days consideration where you CANNOT try to sell your book elsewhere until they decline/accept it
If those sound attractive to you, all you need to do is go to:
And upload your book. After a few days it will go active, and then you'll have your 30-day campaign.