Instafreebie is a giveaway platform that makes delivering ebooks to readers incredibly easy. It is a fantastic way to send out ARC copies, books to beta readers, books for review, and any number of other things you can do to find new readers!
It's also completely free, but there is a monthly paid option if you want to dramatically increase the value of the platform for your career!
Plus, they added a brand new author feature to create group giveaways on August 29th!
Read on to learn more about it!
Why Should You Use Instafreebie?
I only just started using InstaFreebie in the last few weeks, but it has been incredibly useful for me in generating subscribers and selling books. I wanted to put together a list of reasons why people should use Instafreebie as part of their author platform.
Here are ten amazing reasons to use Instafreebie to promote your books!
- Ease of Use - All you need is your book cover and a sample file in ePub format. They even go out of their way to help you build the correct ePub to submit, and they handle the rest!
- Direct Delivery - They deliver the content directly to users in a really easy format, sparing you the trouble of having to explain to readers how to put the book onto their devices. They also have excellent support to help drive this effort and take care of your readers!
- Upfront Delivery - Unlike BookFunnel, which is a similar service, InstaFreebie collects emails at the time of delivering a story rather than sharing a link, which means the transaction is clear and quite simple.
- Email Integration - They integrate directly with MailChimp and will send subscribers directly to your newsletter when they download your story if you want to require. It isn't perfect, but with automated emails from MailChimp this can be an excellent way of bringing in new subscribers. They also integrate with Mailerlite and hopefully they will eventually integrate with other places!
- Automatic Newsletter Signup - You can require (with the plus plan) that all readers who download your book be added to your newsletter rather than making it an optional addition, thereby maximizing your engagements with readers who are grabbing your free content.
- Simple Sharing - Social Sharing buttons and a simple link system make it easy to share your story across all platforms and entice new readers!
- Instafreebie Promotion - InstaFreebie will promote your story to their fans based on a cross-promotional method: the more you share, the more they will share too, thereby increasing your success!
- Group Giveaways - A lot of people (including me!) run group giveaways to bring in a lot of new readers and cross-promote books in a similar genre. This can be a fantastic way to bring in new readers and work with authors!
- Giving Away Exclusive Content - Even if you aren't looking to bring in new subscribers, you can give away stories to your fans or current subscribers as exclusive content in a simple and easy way!
- Free to Use - This one has a slight caveat to it, because some of the powerful features I mentioned up above actually require the $20 a month plan (plus) such as automatic Newsletter Signup, but you can give away unlimited copies of your content very easily without ever needing to pay a penny. Just make an account, load a story, start a giveaway, and you'll be sharing your content in no time!
There you have it. Ten reasons to grow your subscriber list through InstaFreebie! I put off signup up for a long time, but with a free trial it is completely worth it!
Want a bonus reason? If you pay for Instafreebie and integrate with a paid mailerlite plan, then you get a 30% discount on your mailerlite subscription!
As a company that is constantly improving their offerings, this is something great that they have just begun rolling out. Basically, it is the ability for authors to very simply create group giveaways with other authors.
It helps to cross-promote and can do wonders for moving free copies on instafreebie, so if your goal is to reach new readers then this is the perfect option for you.
How do I join group giveaways?
This is something that has been happening for a long time, but only recently did they add a new system for it. This means that signing up for a giveaway is as easy as a couple of clicks, and starting one only takes a few more steps than that!
It also has built in tracking (though my hope is that they customize the features a little bit to enhance the tracking and landing page setup) so you can see which authors are participating the most, which books are moving copies, and other details!
If you are an author and you just want to join a giveaway, just follow these simple steps!
- Browse giveaways
- Select and submit to one
- Wait until they confirm
And that is it! It'll only take you a couple of minutes to create your account and get the ball rolling, so what are you waiting for? It couldn't be any simpler, and the system is very intuitive. Better yet, the company is also open to suggestions and feedback and works hard to constantly improve. Just spend a little time playing with it and you'll get it working!
How do I make a group giveaway?
This one is a bit tougher. There are a couple of different ways.
- Setup a google forms signup sheet.
- Share around the web (facebook, kboards, etc).
- Create my pages.
- Tell instafreebie about it so they can help promote.
- Remind participating authors to share.
It is a lot of work, but it helps build up my network of author participants and friends for running other projects.
New Group Giveaway System for Building Giveaways
Recently, instafreebie has offered their new group giveaway system. Basically, making a giveaway is as easy as:
- Create Input information for the new giveaway.
- invite authors from the web OR let authors join from Instafreebie.
- Share when it goes live.
It is so incredibly easy that I would imagine many authors will start doing it in the future, and it will help create branded giveaways!
What I also do is make a sort of amalgamation of both of these. I set up my own landing pages and then embed the group giveaways into them so that I can have 12-20 different instafreebie giveaways going simultaneously for readers to choose from. It is, basically, the best of both worlds!